Jamaica: Montego Bay
Fly in/out: Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
Recommended ages: 3 and up
Ball Park Price: $2,250 for up to 4 travelers (airfare not included)
Best Season: October through June
Currency Jamaican dollar although the US dollar is widely accepted.
Language: English and some Jamaican Creole
Time: CST +1
DAY ONE: Fly in to Sangster International Airport (MBJ) Montego Bay, Jamaica on American Airlines. Take a 15 minute hotel shuttle provided by Half Moon, A RockResort.
DAY TWO: Enjoy the amenities of the resort including horseback riding, tennis, and fitness center.
DAY THREE: Take a ½ day white water rafting tour provided by Half Moon. Spend afternoon at dolphin lagoon.
DAY FOUR: Take morning yoga classes, ½ day sailing trip, and afternoon game of tennis.
DAY FIVE: Explore Dunn’s River Falls on ⅔ day tour in Ochos Rios arranged by Half Moon Resort.
DAY SIX: Take a 2 hour glass bottom tour and snorkel just off the coast of Half Moon.
DAY SEVEN: Depart Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay.
- This is a relaxing and entertaining trip for all ages in an all-inclusive luxurious resort. Not many people think of outside of Kingston, Jamaica, but Montego Bay at Half Moon Resort provides a fully entertaining and adventurous vacation with direct flights to Sangster International Airport.
- There are so many options to fulfill the different activities that the kids can pick and choose. Our kids favorites include the horse-riding stables and dolphin lagoon.
- There are multiple swimming options for the kids to play as well with a children’s club.
- You don’t run out of restaurant options on the resort either. They’re fine dining but cater to family-friendly meals.
- For an excursion getaway off the resort grounds, try Dunn’s River Falls. Although touristy, it’s a unique venue and a way to see other parts of Jamaica.
- The Equestrian Centre at Half Moon offer horse-bike riding lessons and a unique beach ride with the horses that our kids love.
Places to stay
We’ve stayed at the Half Moon, A RockResort over 5 different spring breaks.
Half Moon offers six signature Jamaican fine-dining restaurants. The Sugar Mill Restaurant located at Half Moon Resort, is considered the best restaurant in the Montego Bay area.
- Besides driving on the left side of the road, the conditions of the roads are quite rugged, so don’t rent a car unless you really like your freedom. All day trip excursions can be arranged through the Half Moon Resort.
- Pre-book your activities well in advance through the concierge service at Half Moon resort.
- The golf packages offered at Half Moon are a little limited as they require multiple golf days during your stay. One cannot just sign up for an individual tee time for one or two family members. The resort may have changed it’s packages though but double check if you plan on a casual golf vacation.
- American Airlines offer weekly trips direct to Montego Bay from many North American locations.
- Don’t forget pants and boots if you plan to horseback ride, your own snorkel gear if you have it and tennis racquets.
A valid passport is required for all ages.